Monday, September 08, 2014

Walking Dead Gets Spin-off Series

It's official: AMC is moving forward with its companion series to mega-hit The Walking Dead. 
The network on Friday announced it has ordered a pilot episode of the project from Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman and producers Gale Anne Hurd and Dave Alpert. As previously announced, Dave Erickson, who co-created and co-wrote the pilot with Kirkman, will serve as exec producer and showrunner.
Now, I like the show, but it's not a terribly well-written or well-plotted show, and I don't know if that's because it does or does not follow the comic book story (which I've never read). But, the show is just good enough that I happily watch it each episode.

Now, if you want a well-plotted, well-written story set in the zombie apocalypse, I shall point you to one: Cities of the Dead. That's a link to Amazon, but it's available at Barnes and Noble and everywhere eBooks are sold.

And a note to television producers who might look at my book and wonder how to translate it into a television show: I've already thought about how to do it, so contact me and I'll pitch it.

No comments: